The Pyramid Approach provides an organised integrated framework that focuses on teaching the team how to meet students’ individual learning needs by combining a unique blend of broad spectrum applied behaviour analytic, evidence-based strategies, with a special emphasis on methods for promoting functional communication, academic and social skills. As the team implements the 9 elements of the Pyramid, an assessment is used to guide and track progress. Certification is granted once the classroom demonstrates inclusion of all components of the Pyramid Approach.
Team members will be guided by one of Pyramid’s expert consultants to implement all components of the Pyramid. The team will know ahead of time which elements of the Pyramid Approach will be reviewed. Observations, modelling and feedback will be provided during each consultative visit. Each team will receive written recommendations.
- Access to the experts: Your program has access to the entire Pyramid team, including the founders Andy Bondy, PhD and Lori Frost, MS, CCC-SLP.
- Improved student performance: Your students will make significant progress throughout the year.
- Increased staff satisfaction: You will likely see reduced staff turnover as a result of a well-trained team working together from a common, solid skill base.
- Increased parent satisfaction: Parents will feel comfortable that their children are receiving high quality instruction and that you committed to go the extra mile to provide them with the best in educational services.
- Enhanced program/school reputation: You can inform community, professionals and parents about the “Pyramid Certified Classroom(s)” located at your facility. Your school will be recognised on our global website as meeting the exacting standards of the high quality Pyramid Certified Classroom.
Provisional Certification: To receive provisional certification, the team must demonstrate inclusion of the Pyramid’s base elements: Functional Activities, Reinforcement Systems, Functional Communication, and Behaviour Support Plans within the first year.
Full Certification: A full certificate is awarded when the team demonstrates inclusion of all 9 Pyramid elements: Functional Activities, Reinforcement Systems, Functional Communication, addressing contextually inappropriate behaviours, Generalization, Lesson Formats, Effective Teaching/Prompting Strategies, Error Correction Procedures, and Collecting and Analyzing Data.
Renewal of Certification:
Certificates are awarded on a yearly basis. For certification renewal, minimal ongoing consultation should remain in effect (either live or via video submission). If scores remain at acceptable levels, then the certificate is renewed. Should scores fall below the acceptable levels, the Pyramid consultant will notify the team in a timely manner. Correction strategies will be discussed with the classroom staff and program administrator. Pyramid will only certify classrooms that achieve and maintain high levels of quality Pyramid implementation.
For more information about setting up a Pyramid Certified Classroom, please contact Deirdra Wadden at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (905) 637-7327.